Wednesday, April 22, 2015

Trip to Singapore-2010

Singapore is a country full of sophistications. It is a small country compared to many other developed countries but I bet that it has all the amazing stuffs across the world. I had gone there in December 2010 and I can say it’s one of the most memorable trips of mine; one because it was a college funded trip to attend a conference; two, as it was my first trip abroad.

First let me take you through the streets of Singapore I strolled around. Singapore is known of the cleanliness of the country. Just like it is widely said and believed I saw a clean city.









What's to be noted is that though the country is extremely sophisticated they have intentionally developed and maintained garden all over the city. It gives the tall, rich look an additional green flavour. 


What made me love Singapore is the way the entire country is well connected with MRT. It's so much tourist friendly. We have a MRT map and different routes are mapped to different colours and are called Purple line, yellow line and so on and so forth. You get a map along with your MRT card. There are sign boards everywhere so it makes it easy for you to choose your destination, find it's colour from the map and follow sign boards to reach that colour line. The MRT stations are extremely well maintained. 




Luckily when I had gone there Christmas was round the corner and every mall had some or the other wow decoration adorning their floors. One such decoration was the Candy forest. Every single doll in the below picture is made of edible candies. 


The best place to get fancy stuffs and bargain a little is the China Town. This Lucky China town has rows of shops where you can get stuffs at a bargained price.

One of my amazing walks in Singapore included the River side as my conference was held at the River view hotel next to this river. I saw people fishing and I was really surprised.


Let me share with you some of the photographs I had taken there. 
















One place which is a must visit is Sentosa island. It has a lot of activities that will keep you engaged including aquarium, dolphin shows and what not!







The below are the photos clicked from cable car at Sentosa.
















No comments:

Post a Comment